The Live & Living MDG 5 Shadow Report is an interactive, web-based report on the progress of the Millennium Development Goals 3 & 5 in twelve countries in Asia. The countries covered include the South Asian countries of Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan; the Southeast Asian countries of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines; the Mekong countries of Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam as well as the East Asian country of China.
This internet report-cum-campaign has been generated by the Asian-Pacific Resource & Research Centre for Women (ARROW) and her partners.
The objectives of this Live & Living MDG5 Shadow Report are:
- To use technology as a platform to bring grassroots voices to the United Nations (UN)
- To hold governments accountable
- To bring information that is rights-based, women-centred and NGO-oriented
- To comprehensively monitor MDGs 3&5 in the 12 countries ARROW works in Asia.
WHAT YOU CAN DO :
- View the MDG5 Shadow Report at : http://www.mdg5watch.org
- Pass the word around – forward share this with as many people as you can !
- Contribute stories/research from the ground on MDG 3 & 5 – they will publish it on their website ! Please contact : email@example.com
- They are happy to work with you to help set up an alternative shadow report on MDG 5 for your country! Please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com