During UNGA Week, Women Deliver, FHI360 and Johnson & Johnson, in support of Every Woman Every Child, created a social media hub and daily newsletters that curated conversations taking place on MDGs 4, 5 and 6. This initiative used the hashtag #MDG456Live to draw content from several social media outlets. In addition, the initiative pulled from other hashtags such as #EWECProgress in order to cover the best of the conversations and events taking place during the week.
This campaign is designed to:
- Drive awareness of UNGA week messages and activities to global health and development stakeholders worldwide.
- Capture in one place daily conversations taking place live during UNGA Week on issues related to MDG 4, 5, and 6, with special emphasis on the impact on girls and women.
- Create an archive on the activities and conversations on MDGs 4, 5 and 6 that took place during UNGA week.
- Provide a platform for participating organizations to share news and content that are important to them.
#MDG456Live consisted of two major components:
- The Hub – This will be the central home for all content being shared by partners and reporters, and will serve as the clearinghouse for curated coverage during the week. Click here to see The Hub from the Women Deliver 2013 Conference.
- The Daily Delivery – Daily recap emails covering the previous days social media conversations, news, and event from EWEC Community. This will include the best content posted on The Hub.
The initiative will highlight news and announcements from key partners with updated data and reports on such issues as child survival, maternal health and HIV.
- CHECK OUT the #MDG456Live hub!