Did you see all the amazing Mother’s Day articles that called attention to global maternal health and the need to provide for the hundreds of thousands of mothers who die in pregnancy and childbirth every year? Below are some of the highlights. A big thank you to every journalist, blogger, and author who chose to celebrate Mother's Day by drawing attention to the problem of maternal mortality around the world.
- Nicholas Kristof: “Celebrate: Save a Mother”
- Christy Turlington Burns: “Pull down the barriers to maternal health care access.”
- Senators Chris Dodd and Bill Frist: “Honoring mothers worldwide"
- Tamar Abrams: “Mothers shouldn’t have to fear for their lives”
- Ban Ki-moon: "Opinion: Women shouldn't die giving birth"
- The Huffington Post: “Countdown to Mother’s Day” series