We need to break the silence around maternal deaths. To do that, we need your voice and the voices of your friends, families, and policymakers to send a clear message: Invest in Women -- It Pays!
Download the Women Deliver pocketcard to get key messages on maternal health and the importance of investing in girls and women. Use these messages to:
- Make a speech to your local community, your school, your women's group, or anywhere else you can get people to listen. Include information on your country's maternal mortality rate -- get info here.
- Write a letter to your policymakers, from the local level to the national level, asking for increased investment in girls and women. Learn about your country's current commitment to girls and women -- get info here.
- Share key facts on your social networks, like Facebook and Twitter, to spread the word about maternal health.
- Write an op-ed or a letter for your local newspaper about the tragedy of maternal deaths around the world, and call for change at every level.
- Tell your own story. Use these facts to inform a personal story about pregnancy and childbirth. Did you have any complications? How would your delivery have been different had you given birth in another country, like Afghanistan?
- Write a blog post on maternal health in your own community, and then email us so we can share it with our readers.