Facts and Figures
Girls & women are at the heart of development:
- Women who use maternal health services are more likely to use other reproductive health services, and to seek health care for their children.
- When 10% more girls go to school, a country’s GDP increases by an average of 3%
- Girls and women spend 90% of their earned income on their families, while men spend only 30–40%.
- Eliminating barriers to employment for girls and women could raise labor productivity by 25% in some countries.
Investing in girls and women will...
Create sustainable nations
- Growing evidence shows that corporations led by women are more focused on sustainability.
- Closing the gender gap in agriculture could lift 100–150 million people out of hunger.