As a leading, global advocate for girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, Women Deliver brings together diverse voices and interests to drive progress particularly in maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights. We build capacity, share solutions, and forge partnerships, together creating coalitions, communication, and action that spark political commitment and investment in girls and women.
Women Deliver has an immediate opening for a Manager of Public/Private Sector Engagement. This position, which is based in New York, will develop, implement, and manage Women Deliver’s public/private sector partnership functions that align with Women Deliver’s goals and initiatives. A minimum of five years of experience in new business development and/or public/private partnership for the global health field is required for consideration.
- Strong understanding of private sector, government, multi-lateral institutions, philanthropy, and non-profit settings
- Ability to implement Women Deliver’s private sector strategy with understanding and capability to monitor strategy implementation on on-going basis to align with evolving initiatives.
- Ability to manage Women Deliver’s corporate forum, the C Exchange, including but not limited to coordinating events, organizing outreach efforts, and recruiting new corporations to work with Women Deliver.
- Proven track record of building and managing relationships with partners, including, but not limited to donors and sponsors.
- Work with other staff members and consultants to develop traditional and social media strategies to promote Women Deliver’s partnership programs.
- Maintain and update all communications and materials related to private/public partnership initiatives for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Assist in drafting grant requests and sponsorship agreements.
- Participate in other partnership initiatives, including, but not limited to Every Women - Every Child and Clinton Global Initiative.
- Represent Women Deliver at conferences and meetings.
- Oversee the private and public sector sponsorship needs associated with Women Deliver’s conferences.
- Guide the development and execution of the private sector pre-conference for Women Deliver’s 2016 conference.
- Support the advocacy team via bilateral partnerships with public and private sector partners.
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in related field required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills to work with diverse individuals and groups at all levels.
- Proven problem solving and complex decision making skills.
- Ability to work on own as well as in a team
- Intermediate budgeting skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally about 20%
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Linda Stone at email@example.com.
Women Deliver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a leading, global advocate for girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, Women Deliver brings together diverse voices and interests to drive progress in maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights. We build capacity, share solutions, and forge partnerships, together creating coalitions, communication, and action that spark political commitment and investment in girls and women.
Women Deliver has an immediate opening for a paid, part-time Advocacy and Policy Intern. We are looking for someone to work approximately 10-15 hours per week, starting in June and continuing through the summer, with the possibility of extension. This position reports to the Advocacy and Policy Senior Associate and will work closely with other members of the Women Deliver Team.
- Collect and synthesize research for advocacy briefings and other materials (including desk research from peer-reviewed sources, grey literature, and other organizational publications).
- Draft and proofread materials (including, but not limited to: advocacy briefing papers; United Nations-related events and documents; and Women Deliver 2016 Conference needs).
- Assist with research and logistical tasks associated with the 2015 Girl Power in Play symposium, United Nations General Assembly, and other events as required.
- Support the advocacy team as they represent and contribute to Women Deliver’s networks, working groups, and speaking events as needed.
- Support the advocacy and communication teams’ overall efforts, specifically contributing to writing, editing, and posting blogs and developing and disseminating social media messages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An understanding and appreciation of global advocacy efforts and policy matters as related to gender equality; maternal health; and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- General knowledge of advocacy and communications campaigns and experience in using social media.
- Demonstrated research, organizational (especially pertaining to event planning), and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good sense of humor and ability to work well in a bustling high-energy open-space office.
- BA/BS, required in related field, such as policy, human rights, international relations, public health, or other. Candidate for Master’s Degree, a plus.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Linda Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women Deliver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.