Summary: Women Deliver is an advocacy organization focused on solutions to improve the health of girls and women – long-term and short-term – at the national, regional, and global levels.
Reports to: Director of Advocacy and Communications
- Work within a brand identity and style to create innovative and effective designs
- Develop graphics publishable to website, emails, and print materials including: collateral materials, web and video projects, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, proposal, and social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Create and organize photo and logo libraries
- Proofread and review corrections to publications
- Carry out relevant research including background information and materials for presentations, meetings, and events
- Provide administrative assistance as needed
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Strong and creative design skills
- Proficient in web-design/HTML coding and web layout skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet navigation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player with resourcefulness and the ability to work with supervision
- Passion for Women Deliver mission
- Prior design experience, including at a university, is a plus
Success factors: Excellent people skills, keen attention to detail, resourcefulness in solving problems, flexibility.
Conditions of Service: Part time, ideally one day a week (8 hours) in Women Deliver’s NYC office. Flexible schedule.
Compensation: $10-12 per hour depending on academic status. Statutory benefits only.
Applications: Applicants must be eligible to work in USA. Women Deliver is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Design Intern.”