Status – Non-Exempt
Summary: Women Deliver is a non-profit advocacy organization focused on solutions to improve the health of girls and women – long-term and short-term – at the national, regional, and global levels.
Women Deliver is designing and implementing Catapult - a crowd funding platform that connects people to projects to benefit girls and women worldwide. Catapult’s goal is to drive donations and engagement to help achieve a gender equal world.
Catapult represents a collective pursuit of positive social change – the technology and innovation that will catalyze funds and engagement and move girls and women’s causes forward in new and exciting directions.
Reporting to the Senior Creative Director and the Art Director, the position entails, but is not limited, to the following:
- Assist in the creation of user interface elements, brochures, ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, conference materials, displays, PowerPoint presentations, infographic illustrations, icons, charts, graphs, maps, tables, e-blasts, banner ads, and interactive designs for Catapult's website
- Assist in the establishment of brand style guide and continuity throughout all of Catapult's digital and print materials.
- Assist in a variety of production and design-based projects on various digital platforms (web, email, social, MS Office).
- Follow brand guidelines, art direction and collaborate with the Art Director to ensure design concepts deliver goals.
- Help define and refine visual language across all customer touch points.
- Assist with development of social media strategy from design/brand perspective.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including social media and presentation materials and web design
- Upgrade archive of presentations
- Photo research
- Assist with development of communications process and overall strategy
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree, in communications, art or design.
- Some experience through graduate level training in Communications Design is a must.
- Some experience working within a design firm or other creative team environment is a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and Microsoft Office software programs
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including some exposure in print, branding, typography, social media and web design
- Good understanding of the print process, file preparation, and documentation
- Knowledge of current web design trends and techniques
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Resourceful with good organizational skills and proactive with daily interaction.
Conditions of Service: Internship: Temporary part-time. Must be available 20-25 hours/week until June 30, 2013.
Women Deliver is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must be eligible to work in USA.
Compensation: $10-12 per hour depending on academic status
Applications: To apply, please provide access to your online portfolio or other digital representation of your work, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Catapult – Design Intern.