As a leading, global advocate for girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, Women Deliver brings together diverse voices and interests to drive progress particularly in maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights. We build capacity, share solutions, and forge partnerships, together creating coalitions, communication, and action that spark political commitment and investment in girls and women.
Women Deliver has an immediate opening for a Manager of Public/Private Sector Engagement. This position, which is based in New York, will develop, implement, and manage Women Deliver’s public/private sector partnership functions that align with Women Deliver’s goals and initiatives. A minimum of five years of experience in new business development and/or public/private partnership for the global health field is required for consideration.
- Strong understanding of private sector, government, multi-lateral institutions, philanthropy, and non-profit settings
- Ability to implement Women Deliver’s private sector strategy with understanding and capability to monitor strategy implementation on on-going basis to align with evolving initiatives.
- Ability to manage Women Deliver’s corporate forum, the C Exchange, including but not limited to coordinating events, organizing outreach efforts, and recruiting new corporations to work with Women Deliver.
- Proven track record of building and managing relationships with partners, including, but not limited to donors and sponsors.
- Work with other staff members and consultants to develop traditional and social media strategies to promote Women Deliver’s partnership programs.
- Maintain and update all communications and materials related to private/public partnership initiatives for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Assist in drafting grant requests and sponsorship agreements.
- Participate in other partnership initiatives, including, but not limited to Every Women - Every Child and Clinton Global Initiative.
- Represent Women Deliver at conferences and meetings.
- Oversee the private and public sector sponsorship needs associated with Women Deliver’s conferences.
- Guide the development and execution of the private sector pre-conference for Women Deliver’s 2016 conference.
- Support the advocacy team via bilateral partnerships with public and private sector partners.
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in related field required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills to work with diverse individuals and groups at all levels.
- Proven problem solving and complex decision making skills.
- Ability to work on own as well as in a team
- Intermediate budgeting skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally about 20%
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Linda Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women Deliver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women Deliver believes that when the world invests in girls and women, everybody wins. As a leading global advocate for girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, Women Deliver brings together diverse voices and interests between civil society, UN agencies, and partner governments to drive progress in maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
Women Deliver’s Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a three-year fellowship designed to support young people working in sexual and reproductive health and rights across various sectors to better coordinate, implement, design, and evaluate their work for the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women. The Young Leaders Program builds the capacity of 200 Young Leaders from developing countries, creates opportunities for them to engage in global advocacy, and provides seed funding to implement projects in their communities.
This newly created position reporting to the Senior Manager, Youth Program and Advocacy, will lead all aspects of the communications strategy to support the strategic goals of Women Deliver’s Young Leaders Program, including web-based communications, storytelling (across video, photography and written deliverables), and new media, in addition to broader Women Deliver advocacy and communications priorities. Based in our New York City Office, this full-time position requires some travel.
- Develop and implement YLP communications plans for key programmatic and advocacy moments (including commissions, conferences, and consultations) to promote youth voices and messages, including in the lead up to and during the Women Deliver Conference in May 2016.
- Manage YLP editorial calendar, and coordinate YLP team in all internal and external communications about Young Leaders and their work.
- Oversee writing, editing, production, dissemination, and tracking of content from Young Leaders, including coordination of content within all promotional materials (across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to, video, photography, written content, online content, blogs, social media posts), e-blasts, and reports.
- Manage all aspects of the Women Deliver Young Leaders web-based and digital storytelling strategy, including the promotion of Young Leaders’ work through photos, videos, and other creative content, and align with the broader Women Deliver communication efforts.
- Develop key messages for Women Deliver YLP and senior management, especially for key advocacy opportunities and events.
- Maintain and routinely update a compendium of the of latest youth-related data, reports, publications, initiatives, and campaigns to inform and enhance communications efforts.
- Manage and seek out communications activities with multi-sector partners (e.g., Twitter chats, Google Hangouts, etc.), as well as support partner communication efforts.
- Manage relationships and projects plans, timelines and budgets with work that required external consultants or vendors (e.g., designers, printers, editors, videographers photographers, digital and communications consultants, etc.).
- Manages YLP specific social media outreach and engagement, including twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, etc., to engage with Young Leaders and their networks, and promote youth engagement in global advocacy for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Manage the evaluation and tracking of communications and advocacy activities related to the YLP to be able to demonstrate results and guide enhancements to efforts along the way.
- Liaise with Women Deliver communications team and consultants to ensure coordination of YLP communications within broader Women Deliver communications mandate and efforts.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- BA/BS, Master’s degree in related field (public health, human rights, gender studies, international affairs, communications, journalism), preferred
- Five to seven years of media/communications experience in an NGO, UN agency, a communications agency, a media outlet or corporation
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with communications consultants and vendors on creative outputs across multiple platforms
- Solid experience developing highlight-effective digital media content (including, but not limited to, website development for concept to completion, blogs, photo essays, videos) and storytelling
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Experience with youth-led/youth-serving programs and adolescent health preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, keen attention to detail, flexibility and resourcefulness in solving problems
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Linda Stone at email@example.com.
Women Deliver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.