Women Deliver is seeking an experienced and highly qualified professional for the position of Director of Policy and Advocacy. This individual will be responsible with the CEO for taking the organization to its next level of advocacy success. This position bears primary responsibility for leading and implementing advocacy efforts, including setting goals and objectives, providing strategic direction on policy issues, and framing and effectively delivering messages around the organization’s policy priorities.
- Develop lead implementation of Women Deliver’s overall advocacy strategy, working closely with the CEO and the other team members
- Build relationships with key partner organizations from civil society, other organizations in the field, national and international governmental organizations, academia and private sector; expand the range of and deepen relationships with partners who share Women Deliver’s advocacy goals; communicate to the wider field about Women Deliver advocacy strategies and initiatives
- Build and implement advocacy strategies for the Women Deliver triennial conferences, thematic conferences and country consultations, including the organizing of such events and helping in identifying high-level decision-makers, advocates, and other speakers
- Create advocacy opportunities focused on targeted moments, including at the UN during high-level meetings, at international conferences, and at in-country advocacy meetings; seek opportunities for partnership, collaboration, and leveraging international forums to maximize impact, and implement these visions
- Identify, adapt and implement tools, models, impact measures and methods for advocacy initiatives and plans
- Produce written products (policy briefs, fact sheets, journal publications, position papers, and presentations) to communicate Women Deliver’s advocacy and policy work
- Prepares, revises, advises and consults on funding proposals, donor reports and other documents relating to advocacy
- Oversee the work of Women Deliver’s private sector forum C Exchange and other private-public activities
- Enhance Women Deliver’s international role by proactively staying abreast of issues in the field, by canvassing academia and other fields/specialties in the broader field of human rights and maintaining relationships with a wide range of actors
- Represent Women Deliver at events, including in international, regional conferences, coalitions and other networks
- Contribute technical guidance and quality assurance on advocacy work and policy for the organization as a whole
- Supervises advocacy staff
- Significant senior-level international advocacy experience in women’s health and rights, at least 8-10 years in international advocacy
- Strong understanding of policy issues around the health, rights and well-being of girls and women, including sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Experience working with the UN, either internally or through external partnerships
- Master’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Public Health or related discipline required.
- Fluent oral and written communications skills in English required; intermediate proficiency in French or Spanish plus
- Lobbying and political skills: strategic and policy analysis, persuasive, diplomatic and articulate.
- Media savvy; excellent interpersonal and effective influencing skills
- Experience living/working in the developing world a plus
- Proven ability to build deep and lasting relationships with a variety of partners and external individuals, from international leaders to country organizations
- Ability and inclination to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders, manage competing interests, adapt to changing circumstances, and determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently and the ability to make it so
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Passion for Women Deliver’s mission
Job location: New York, NY (No relocation assistance provided)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits
Application: Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 15, 2014. The title of the position should be in the subject line, and applicants should be eligible to work in the United States.
Women Deliver is an equal opportunity employer.
Women Deliver (WD) is seeking an experienced Director for Digital Outreach. The Director for Digital Outreach will be responsible for developing and executing Women Deliver's digital advocacy strategy and enhancing Women Deliver's digital presence and advocacy to help fulfill the mission of the organization. This person will be developing a new program and news aggregator/information clearing house related to the health and opportunities of girls and women, including their sexual and reproductive health and rights. S/he will be representing the organization and interacting with industry leaders, as well as engaging in digital partnership, relationships and opportunities. The person will participate in the planning and integration of all Women Deliver programs, as it relates to digital, will serve as a resource to senior management; and will work closely with other senior staff to achieve the mission of WD. This position has a high degree of independence. The position will be reporting to the CEO.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to enhance Women Deliver's digital presence and outreach in relation to overarching mission and programs.
- Lead communications and create the online and digital communications portfolio of Women Deliver, including the organizational website, social media, online campaigns, email campaigns.
- Develop and lead a news aggregator and information clearing house covering SRHR/ RMNH issues, including staff management.
- Lead the redesign and development of a new organizational website, and redesign/ create and lead, as needed, Women Deliver social media platforms.
- Create robust digital components and virtual participation opportunities to Women Deliver’s key advocacy events and meetings, including the Women Deliver global conferences.
- Manage external vendors and consultants, including designers, developers, and others
- Manage and implement Women Deliver’s visual brand and brand guidelines across digital components
- Represent and speak on behalf of Women Deliver in digital channels and at industry events
- Oversee day-to-day management and operations of all digital programs and campaigns and associated staff.
- Oversee digital analytics to set benchmarks, track success and refine strategy for website, social media, content and email marketing activity
- Identify and engage digital partnership relationships and opportunities, including fundraising for new initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with other staff to ensure consistent messaging across online and online communications platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience in digital marketing and/or communications, growing a brand’s presence and social media strategies
- Proven success in developing and executing digital strategies and campaigns
- Experience in staff supervision and management
Other skills and qualifications:
- Solid understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS) and basic understanding of HTML
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and related tracking technologies and social media listening tools
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr and Instagram, with a strong sense of different community behaviors and experience
- Solid understanding of how to analyze campaign effectiveness and adapt campaigns to achieve goals
- You have a truly collaborative personality - someone with the ability to work cross-functionally and can articulate a point of view
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Understanding of the field of global health; issue knowledge of sexual and reproductive health a plus
- Strong understanding of advocacy, particularly at the global level
- You are hands-on and have a positive can-do attitude
- You have a passion for Women Deliver’s mission
- Design, video production and editing skills a plus
Working conditions: Full-time
Compensation: Based on commensurate experience plus fringe benefits.
Application deadline: 1 July, 2014
Start date: As soon as possible