Women Deliver is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in employment with us, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Strategic Communications
Women Deliver, a global advocacy organization focused on improving the health and well-being of girls and women, has an immediate opening for a top-notch, mission-oriented, Director of Strategic Communications to join our team of experienced, specialized professionals on communications and outreach efforts. The Director of Strategic Communications will be developing, implementing and leading Women Deliver’s strategic communication planning, media work, public relations, and digital outreach as well as building new communication programs to advance its mission.
- Developing, implementing and leading a high-quality integrated communication strategy that conveys, promotes and positions the issues and Women Deliver’s mission, programmatic areas, advocacy goals and core messages
- Enhancing Women Deliver's digital presence and advocacy to advance the issues and mission of the organization
- Ensuring consistent messaging and branding across communication platforms, including promoting WD’s brand, partnering with other senior managers, coordinating media outreach, managing and producing media and communication materials, presentations, and digital outreach efforts
- Leading new communication initiatives including a new program and news aggregator/information clearing house related to the health and opportunities of girls and women, the redesign and update of the organization’s website and social media platforms
- Proactively identifying opportunities, key external events, and priority issues for the organization’s overall communications and advocacy positioning for the organization, including fundraising for new initiatives, coordinating campaigns
- Advising the leadership on communication related issues
- Representing WD in partnerships and at external meetings and events, including giving speeches and presentations at key conferences
- Overseeing and managing a team of communication professionals
- Managing vendor relationships, including writers, designers, researchers, printers, photographers, producers, videographers, illustrators, PR and media relations
- Master’s Degree in communications or related field
- Minimum of 10 years in the fields of communications and digital media/technology
- Proven success in developing and executing communication strategies and campaigns
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing & dissemination systems/technologies, social media platforms, and tracking technologies
- Solid understanding of how to analyze campaign effectiveness and adapt campaigns to achieve goals
- You have a truly collaborative personality - someone with the ability to work cross-functionally and can articulate a point of view
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, presentation, and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong understanding of the field of global health a must; issue knowledge of sexual and reproductive health a plus
- Strong understanding of advocacy, particularly at the global level
- You are hands-on and have a positive can-do attitude
- You have a passion for Women Deliver’s mission
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Design, video production and editing skills a plus
Job location: New York, NY
Conditions of Service:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits
Application: Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The title of the position should be in the subject line. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
Start date: Immediately
Women Deliver is an equal opportunity employer.